bird of passage

decoding myself

Sunday, August 07, 2005

I'm in Cloud Nine




If I could have just one wish,
I would wish to wake up everyday
to the sound of your breath on my neck,
the warmth of your lips on my cheek,
the touch of your fingers on my skin,
and the feel of your heart beating with mine...
Knowing that I could never find that feeling
with anyone other than you.

- Courtney Kuchta -




That's how I felt when I saw her. It's strange how things happen. You are trudging through insanity of the fest when suddenly, out of nowhere, love walks in and touches your life in a way that you know that nothing could ever be the same again.

She has a very powerful & beautiful voice and sings with a big passion. If you don't fall in love with her voice, then you have to fall for her looks. If not that either, then her energetic, beautiful personality.


OK, OK I lied about the last part. She is everything else except a powerful voice. I felt that her voice was lacking the husky jazz tone. Don't get me wrong, she is awesome and so is her CD. But I think she should stick to folk rock, more like Natalie Merchant. Hey, I'm still going after her!


I just got back from the Jazz Fest I know its 4am. I decided to hang out with the bands after the show. I'm such a groupie! I could give you track by track review, but nah. Who told you not to go?
BJ, 4:04 AM